Wednesday 11 February 2015

An update on the past month...

Ok... I admit it. I didn't finish the 2nd 30 day Challenge (The "Ab" one). Between missing a few days so trying to catch up, and then starting CrossFit, I have been pretty freaking sore and not wanting to add to that with a whole bunch of situps etc. I am not beating myself up too much though, as instead of doing these challenge days, I have just been trying to eat a little better (most days), attend a few CrossFit classes each week, and then the occasional work out at home, be that working on a skill, or going for a walk with the husband and our boys.

And I have still had progress! We measured me last night, and in less than 2 months since I began this, I have now lost 10cms (exactly!) off all three of my measurements (chest, waist and hips). Weight wise, I think its now about 3.5kgs I have lost since starting this, but I had also lost more weight before I started the health kick, and so in the bigger picture, I have lost over 7kgs from my BP (before pregnancies) weight.

I am going to try to attend 3 classes for CrossFit each week. I am sure there will be some weeks that I miss one, but generally that's the plan. Monday nights, Wednesday mornings, and Friday afternoons.

I'm feeling good. I am a lot happier about myself. Shopping is actually something that excites me a little, when it is something I haven't enjoyed in years.

This is going to be my year. This time 3 years ago it was all about the wedding coming up, and then it was all about the pregnancy, then all about getting used to life with Flea, then pregnancy again. Now with Flea and Ry settling into a kickass routine (why hello 2 and a half hour day naps for BOTH boys AT THE SAME TIME!) it's been decided that this is my year to actually do stuff that's (SHOCK HORROR) about ME!

I warned my husband though, not to get too excited by my changes. I am NOT going to ever be one of those super healthy, skinny and generally awesome people that we all know at least one of. The truth is, I have always been happy with average. And when it comes down to it, I will choose spending time with my family over working out every. single. time. I just don't have fitness as my top priority, and probably never will have. What I can promise is that I am going to try. And as long as it doesn't affect my family, I will keep going. But I am not the kind of person that feels bad about not working out; especially when the reason is because my kids wanted me with them. For now, the boys are loving the extra time with just Dad on the Monday nights. Husband is loving the extra energy I have, and knowing that I am improving myself. And me? Well I am loving it all as well... except running. I still hate running.


No comments:

Post a Comment