Monday 15 December 2014

Shorts, Shorts and More Shorts

When I first found out that I was expecting a boy, it was hard to get really excited. All of my life I had only imagined having a daughter first, probably because I was the oldest in my family. It took a few hours to pump myself up, but I was sure that once I hit the shops I would see all of the cute boy clothes and become excited... Then I went shopping.


There really isn't much for boys. Girls have shorts, skirts AND dresses. Not to mention a million different styles of shirts, where boys really only have the option of shorts or pants. And there was my problem. There really wasn't many cool patterned shorts for boys;even those were reserved for the girls! So to help myself really get excited, I began looking at fabrics and asked my mum for a sewing machine.
Now I have mentioned before about my "never finishing anything" problem, and this was another one, because when I was given the sewing machine for Christmas, it only took me being unable to thread the needle on my second attempt for me to pack it away for another six months. BUT I finally got there, and after finding a fairly easy pattern online, I made my first pair of shorts... Followed quickly by my second, third, and fourth pair. I quickly developed an obsession with shorts. 
Thankfully, recently some family and friends have had daughters, and so I have had an excuse to use some pretty girl fabrics, and I have extended my skills to singlets as well. Below are a few of the shorts and singlets I have made over the last year. I have thought about making some as a business, but then OF COURSE I have thought that. But for now I really enjoy making them, and I don't want that to change due to demands and customer complaints, so I am just sticking to making them for the boys, and for some family and friends. Anyway, below are some of the ones I have made so far :)



 

 









No comments:

Post a Comment